Smithfield Chevrolet Families Love The 2019 Chevy Equinox
Anyone looking for a compact crossover SUV that combines superb handling, amazing fuel efficiency and an affordable price point will certainly appreciate the 2019 Chevrolet Equinox. There are two optional engine choices for those who want a bit more power than they’ll get from the capable base turbo-four. When looking for a Smithfield area Chevrolet dealer, you’ll find they have the 2019 Equinox in all four trim levels: L, LS, LT and Premier.
The cabin received an upgrade that upped the Equinox’s degree of sophistication.
When you visit the Smithfield area Chevrolet dealers, you’ll notice some changes for 2019:
- Updated Infotainment 3 interface
- New driver-assist features, including adaptive cruise control and an automatic braking system
- LT trim gets a new New Lights and Brights package
- Optional high-definition rearview camera
The standard engine for the 2019 is a turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder that makes 170 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque, teamed to a six-speed automatic gearbox. Two optional engines are offered with the LT and Premier. These include:
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that generates 252 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque, connected to a nine-speed automatic transmission
- A 1.6-liter diesel four-cylinder unit that puts out 137 hp and 240 lb-ft, mated to a six-speed automatic
Fuel economy is outstanding.
- The standard 1.5-liter engine delivers an EPA-estimated 26 mpg city/32 mpg highway (FWD) and 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway (AWD).*
- The 2.0-liter engine checks in with 22 mpg city/29 mpg highway (FWD) and 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway (AWD).
- The 1.6-liter diesel engine returns 28 mpg city/39 mpg highway (FWD) and 28 mpg city/38 mpg highway (AWD).
The automotive press has great things to say about the Chevrolet Equinox, with the New York Daily News writing: “Those looking for a small SUV, particularly to haul around a small family—be it to the rolling foothills of Appalachia or to soccer practice—the all-new Equinox warrants consideration.”
The 2019 Chevrolet Equinox seats five. Most buyers will decide to skip the base L trim, as it’s special-order only, which means there’s a wait as the model is custom built. All trim levels get standard front-wheel drive and optional all-wheel drive. All engines include a fuel-saving start-stop system that cuts the engine when the vehicle is stopped.
Complete Data Center
The new Lights and Brights package that’s available for the LT trim comes with 19-inch bright machined wheels with Sparkle Silver pockets, 19-inch all-season blackwall tires, LED headlights and taillights, a chrome grille surround and molded assist steps.
The 2019 Chevrolet Equinox received the NHTSA’s top score of five stars in overall crash testing. The IIHS gave the Equinox its highest rating of Good in all crash tests, as well as Superior for front crash protection with optional equipment.
*All vehicle mileage based on 2019 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.